Last night was the opening night for "La Boheme" at the Bankhead Theater in Livermore. I very much enjoyed it--and I probably would have still very much enjoyed it even if Clint wasn't in the opera. However, it did make it more fun. That, and I got to go with my in-laws, which was great. It was nice to share the evening with others that were equally as excited to see Clint on stage.
Here are the videos from the performance. Clint had a small part getting mad at the waiter. He's sitting in the middle of three guys in the left-hand side of the stage.
I've said, done, and seen things these last two weeks that I never thought I'd say, do, or see. Such as:
"Clint, I stopped by Ruthanne's and picked up your makeup."
"Wow. Foundation doesn't do so well on whiskers, does it?"
"You need to put the eye liner closer to your eye."
"Do you still have my eye liner and blush?"
"Hey, do you want me to drive so you can do your makeup?"
We dropped off the kids at our friend's house Friday night so I could go with Clint to his last dress rehearsal. When I came back out to the van, Clint was putting on eyeliner in the visor mirror.
There are also things I never thought Clint would say, do or see. Such as:
"Should I use the darker color or lighter color on my lips?"
Referring to the eyeliner pencil--"I felt like I was drawing under my eyes with wood...I didn't have a pencil sharpener."
"I have naturally rosy cheeks, but with the foundation do you think I need to wear blush?"
"I have eyeliner coming out of my eyes a day later. Is that normal?"
I never thought he'd ever see 500 sets of eyes watching him sing in an opera.
He did a great job last night and he told me now he's glad he can be "blog fodder." (My super-smart husband thought I would know what the word "fodder" actually means. Well...I guess now I do. Here's one of the links that helped me understand what he was talking about.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_fodder
Here's the link to the "La Boheme" website http://www.livermorevalleyopera.org/.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Haha, yeah... I never thought I would read about Clint wearing make-up on your blog! Good job on the opera Clint!
Wow!!! That's awesome...One of my dreams is to perfrom on stage!Way to go Clint...
Tell Clint that male make-up artists make a ton of money. Except he would probably have to change his name from Clint to Bambi.
that is too fun about clint and the make-up, very fun and way to go clint!
the bentleys
Super impressive about the Opera! We just got back from NYC and saw a few shows there...after Clint's done with this show, it's your turn for Broadway Mari! :)
This is Joshua -
Clint was in an Opera? You guys never cease to amaze me. Mari - really funny that you included those quotes. Thanks for the laugh! ...and I do think Clint's cheeks are naturally rosy...
Next time let us know? We'd love to come support him and see you guys.
Joshua
Post a Comment