Monday, April 14, 2008

Ooh, Bummer!


On Saturday we were rear-ended while driving to the store. Bummer. It put a hole in our bumper and buckled the bumper enough that we can't open the rear door. Bummer again. Besides some minor whiplash, Jace and I are okay. Now our family is learning new things about someone else's insurance company and waiting. Waiting for them to call us back. Waiting to get a quote. Waiting to see a chiropractor. Waiting to use our trunk. This one is the most difficult to endure. I went to Costco and had to put all our groceries in the cracks and crevices of the passenger part of the van. Clint had a great optomistic outlook--at least the accident didn't happen on the way home from Costco. I would have had to use a system much like putting out a fire with buckets. Me in the side van door, inbetween the bucket seats, over the back seat, into the trunk. Food over the back seat, into the back seat, me over the back seat, food inbetween the bucket seats, me inbetween the bucket seats, me out of the side van door, food out of the side van door, and the food and me into the house. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. And probably repeat one more time. And that's just to get the cold stuff out. Yes, folks, the glass IS half full. We're mostly okay and there's no rotting Costco food in our trunk. Though Park is a little bummed that his bike is back there. Sorry, Buddy. Clint had a solution to getting the bumper low enough to open the hatch, but I think it may have involved a sledge hammer. Uh, I think we'll do without the bike for a few days. :0)

6 comments:

Camille said...

Oh what a bummer, or should I say bumper! It sounds like you aren't totally okay...I hope everyone gets better fast. Speaking of car accidents, the girls and I were walking home from the bus stop when a little boy darted into the busy street...a car swerved to miss him and another car plowed into it's side. Yikes! We were right in front of it. That can be scary stuff.

Forsyth Family said...

Oh Mari, I am sorry! I feel your pain! My husband got hit last May and they totaled his car it took us 3 months to get paid!! Insurance companies are so Fun!!!!! I hope that you get feeling better!

Talk to you soon
Michelle

The Allen Fam said...

Man, that really stinks!! Isn't it so true that you are more scared of the way other people drive!! I guess one way to think about it is it could have been WAY worse!! Hope you all get feeling better!!

Racheal said...

Oooooo...that is a bummer! Glad to hear everyone is okay...

Hild Family said...

Now that's not a fun way to spend your weekend! Sorry to hear that happened. I don't know what I'd do without my trunk on a Costco trip. You're amazing!

Camille said...

clint- your family is darling, I happened on your link from luke's page. I thought I would say hi, hope all is well!
-camille