Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Goal

I have a new goal to start posting more about our family events here on our blog. Uh, at least often enough that I don't have to start each post with, "I guess it's been a while..."

So, here's an attempt to recap our Summer:

In June we went to Oregon. We spent a few days camping in Tillamook with Mel, Jake and their kids. We went to the cheese factory and discovered a GIGANTIC Fred Meyer store that we ended up visiting way too many times to buy the things we didn't bring. We spent a lot of time at the beach, but I  think the highlight of the trip was watching Jake create a 3D mermaid for his girls (ahhh, sweet) and then added a bigger 3D shark getting ready to eat her (aaaaah, sweet?).

We spent the last part of the week in Gearhart with Clint's family for a reunion with his Grandma Jensen's side of the family. We spent more time at the beach, went to see "Brave" while it was raining and visited a fun secondhand shop called the Rag and Bone. Cam bought REAL handcuffs and I confiscated one set of keys immediately. He was really perplexed why I thought that was necessary. Up until one of the cousins lost the key while a brother was incarcerated. (They actually found the key before I needed to use my key, but I think it was clear the need for a safely tucked away backup key).

In July we went to Idaho. We went to Declo Days and enjoy a parade and time with my high school friends. Until the typhoon rain and wind sent the whole party packing. And fast. It was amazing to watch hundreds of people stream from the park to their cars. (I say WATCH because we left our car way down the road where we had parked for the parade and we waited for Clint to run to the van and bring it back to the park). We were almost the last to leave even though Clint can run really fast.  The exiting mass was even faster. We played in the river behind my parent's house ALOT. We swam, jet skiied, paddle boarded, boated with my cousin, and fished. We went to Party Hardy and the kids jumped in the jump houses there. We ate at Upper Crust, my favorite Idaho restaurant. Oh, and we kissed on my new one-week-old nephew the whole week. As my mom says, our lips are chapped.

In August, Clint and I went to Young Women's Camp. Clint helped the 4th Years on their 3-day hike and I helped everywhere else (I am the assistant camp director). I got to spend the last day-and-a-half with Clint's group and hike up to Round Top, a 10,400 ft. peak. AWESOME! My parents flew out and watched the four boys AND they still liked us when we got home. And they said they'd do it again. But let's see if they will do it with FIVE kids. Yep! We just found out we are having Baby #5 in April! Last week we spent the week in San Jose with Clint's family. We swam ALOT. Parker and Jace had a first--diving off a diving board into the deep end WITHOUT life jackets! We shopped for school clothes, had bachelorette (mani/pedis) and bachelor (dinner and basketball) parties, and took family pictures. Clint's brother was sealed to his sweetie for time and all eternity on Saturday in the Oakland Temple. It was beautiful!

2 comments:

Kenna said...

#5
Glad i read the whole post!
Congrats-i'll be crossing my fingers for a girl for ya. Obviously u are meant to be the mother of boys but everybody should have at least one of each!

Natalie N said...

WAHOOOO!!! Another Jensen! You two make such beautiful kids; I can't wait to see Baby Jensen 5.0! :) :) :)

CONGRATS!! We're so excited for you!!

xoxoxo