Thursday, January 29, 2009

HA ha HA ha ha ha ha.

The glasses have lived through swipe #1! Jace ripped Park's glasses off his face while they were wrestling on the couch. And we learned something new about the glasses. (Though they are memory frames--which should allow all sorts of movement then automatically go back to their original form--I haven't been brave enough to try that out yet.) Today, when the glasses came off the face, they landed on the couch, along with the boys' wrestling bodies. The arm of the glasses opened to capacity--180 degrees--and stayed open. It didn't swing back by itself. Parker pickedup his specs, moved the arm back into place, and slipped them on his face before continuing the wrestling match. Now we know the arms stick open when pulled hard. I still don't feel brave enough to try any other elasticity experiements, but it seems the boys will do some experiments of their own and elminate all of my "memory frame" curiosities.

2 comments:

Noakes said...

I got your newsletter today. Thank you it was fun to see what you guys have been up to. I showed Ethan the picture and introduced him to his first best friend. I told him about how they spent all their days together and had so much fun. Sad that they won't ever remember those days. We're glad to hear you guys are doing well and we're excited to be able to keep in touch through your blog. Thanks, melinda and fam

JJ said...

Go Bam-Bam! I was totally visualizing the wrestling match in my head, and even seeing Park pick up his "specs" and put them back on! Great!