Sunday, March 22, 2009

We had a fun, fastastic, five days

We had a fun and eventful week March 16-21, 2009.
Monday night Nanna and Grandpa come into town (well, technically Tuesday morning) at 12:00 am. A 17 hour trip from Washington to visit my latest cute niece and see her get blessed at church. Ick. (To the long drive, not to the blessing, of course.)
Tuesday morning Cam went to school. Then Park went. We were just getting ready to have some fun when Park's teacher called--we could hear Parker crying in the background. An hour and a half later, we had visited the doctor, picked up amoxicillan and numbing drops from the pharmacy and some motrin from Walmart--all for a double ear infection that reared its ugly head during preschool. All the while, Parker continued to cry. Poor guy. He said his ear, cheek AND teeth were hurting. He's fine now, but still taking thick, pink medicine.
Wednesday was Parker's 5th birthday! Parker and Grandpa went to breakfast at Park's second favorite restaurant--McDonalds. My mom and I worked in Cam's classroom. For dinner we had a party with Park's friends at his first favorite restaurant--Chuck E. Cheese's. Then we partied at our house with a Pac-Man cake that was eating pac-pellets and presents. We were so happy to have family and friends from Idaho, San Jose, and Dublin at our party! Thanks to everyone for making Park's day so special.
Thursday we recovered from Wednesday.
Friday Park's glasses broke again (soldered two weeks ago--I broke them while trying to tighten them. They were lose because we were waiting for a screw. We were waiting for a screw because his nose piece fell off. The nose piece fell off after he tripped, landed on his face, and scratched up his lens and bridge.
That night we went on a double date with my mom and dad. We walked down a cute Main Street and ate at a yummy restaurant called Pasta Trattoria.
Saturday Clint bought a solder gun to fix Park's "light weight, extremely flexible & durable" glasses. This is the second time they've been soldered. Time for new ones, I guess. It was also Cameron's first baseball game. It lasted 20 minutes until the umpire called the game due to the pouring rain. We went to dinner (earlier than expected, I might add) to In 'N Out Burger with those that traveled from San Jose to be at the game (Grandma, Grandpa, Don, Shannon, you guys rock for traveling so far even though you were pretty sure the game would be called early). Saturday night I danced in the youth Dance Festival (ward members were invited to participate in one dance routine where you jump in and out of clapping bamboo sticks before they clap your ankle (hopefully). Very fun! Late Saturday night I ordered two pair of glasses--one for Parker now and one for when the new ones break. (Yeah, I'm that optimistic.) He's had glasses for 8 months and I've just order pairs number 4 and 5.














The trio of pictures with Jace seeing the pac-pellet cake, stretching to show innocence, and then going for the grab crack me up.
(Jace is going through a Jammies phase where he only wants to wear pajamas everyday.)










5 comments:

The Wells said...

Kelsey also will only wear Pjs all day. Somedays - I am righ there with her. Looks like you guys are having so much fun!!

Blauers said...

Awesome week! Wish I could have been there! So I guess I'll know who to go to for advice when my kids need glasses (with their dad's eyesight I'll be surprised if one of them doesn't need glasses)! I can't believe how big Jace is getting. Such a CUTIE! and I love his rain boots and Pj's!

Hild Family said...

That was a very eventful week! How fun. The Pac-Man cake was a great idea- you're so creative! Quick question- how do you know Reno Wells? We lived in Reno for a year and were in their ward- although they probably don't remember us because we weren't there very long. Small world.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mari - I just found your blog off of Marisa's! So cute!

We decided your number in the dance festival was a sheer workout - you are SUCH a trooper! Anyhow - we're moving next week and I'd love to stay in touch -
www.halnjess.blogspot.com

Best~~~

Sandie said...

Your boys are getting so big! They are so adorable and doing such fun things. How cool to have your parents come visit! Love you guys tons!