Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No Capes!

One of our favorite part of "The Incredibles" is when Edna, the costume designer, tells Mr. Incredible all the reasons why he shouldn't want a cape. If Super Heroes can't handle capes, what hope is there for Cameron "Harry Potter" Jensen you ask?


No, Cameron didn't get sucked into a vortex. Or caught on a shooting rocket. Or sucked into a propelling jet engine. He got caught on his cape and landed on his arm which was turned at a weird angle.

One of our favorite sayings when someone gets hurt in a bizarre way is: It's all fun and games until someone ________. Usually, it's something like, until someone gets their nose broken, or until someone gets squished in the automatic door, or until someone drinks the syrup straight from the bottle and gets a tummy ache. On Saturday it was, The Halloween Carnival is all fun and games until someone breaks an arm. "No capes!"

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry! But I had to laugh when "someone gets squished in the automatic door" TOO FUNNY! I hadn't heard about Cam's arm. I guess it's Jace's turn next for a broken limb. Actually, Cam stepped out of turn. It should have been Jace ;). Well, at least you don't have to have a wheelchair for this one!

Kathy said...

Poor Cameron! But that's a good smile there - so he must be taking it pretty well. Is he a lefty or a righty?

Love to you all!

Annalise said...

I couldn't help but laugh. Way to put a fun spin on things! I'll have to tell my boys about this one...they love that part of The Incredibles, too!!