Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hansel Left Me a Crumb Trail

On Sunday I made No-Bake Cookies for choir. Only they didn't set in time so I left them home. Clint said it was the best batch of No-Bakes I've ever made. :0) Positive reinforcement. I suppose I'll make them again and see if I can recreate the goodness. Since there were still 50 cookies left even after all of our sampling, we decided to take them to some of our Home Teachees and Visiting Teachees. There were 5 plates of cookies on Sunday. On Monday we ate all the cookies designated for us. On Tuesday I decided there were too many on each plate, so we ate some. On Tuesday night two plates were successfully delivered. On Wednesday I decided I'd better sample one of the cookies to make sure they weren't too dried out or old to give to somebody. Nope. Still really good. I ate another. On Thursday morning I committed to getting one plate of cookies to my choir-singing VTee. The second plate was pitifully stocked by then, so I figured I'd give them individually to a few of my friends when we were picking up kids from school. I called my VTee friend to see if she'd be home to deliver cookies. She was excited and said she'd be waiting. I jumped in the shower. When I was ready, I went to get Jace ready. Then I saw the crumb trail. Which led me to this:

Then to this:

After I explained to him that these cookies were for someone else, he poured them back onto the plate to make them presentable as a gift.
I tried to explain to him why he shouldn't have eaten the cookies without asking, but he was probably confused by all of this because I was laughing and cleaning cookies out of my teeth at the same moment. And, yes, they are the best man-handled, bucket-carried No-Bakes I've ever made, too. Jace agreed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! Ok, so now we need the recipe!!

Valerie said...

I'm telling you, when moms get in the shower, it's a risk every time! That's funny! Jacers looked so cute and innocent sitting in front of his goody bucket!

Kathy said...

The whole story, very funny. Kind of reminds me of "us" trying to make those crazy yummy Oreo/creamcheese balls that you dip in chocolate - you know those? Well, it took me buying several packages of Oreos before I ever got around to making the recipe because my kids would eat the Oreos before I could use them.